Looking for the best fishing nets money can buy? Look no further as we have put together the best of the best for your convenience
A reel and rod may be your primary method of fishing. However, nets for fly fishing are still tools that come in quite useful. This is particularly true when using a tiny fly and a light leader. If you are making plans of purchasing a net for your next fishing trip, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. In fact, here are a few tips on how to choose the best fishing nets money can buy.
How to Choose the Best Fishing Nets
Clearly, know what to look for when trying to find the best fishing nets for your needs will give you positive results before you make that final purchase.
The material in which the net's bag is made of is an important consideration. These are usually made of cotton, nylon, rubber or plastic. Bags made of nylon and cotton is safer for fish as these types don't easily damage their mucous coats. Bags made of rubber are also not as damaging but tend to be on the heavy side.
What material should your fishing net be made of? Popular choices include frames made of fiberglass, aluminum, and wood. Usually, aluminum and fiberglass are typically lighter and stronger. These make it easier to move your net around while at the same time being sturdy enough to catch the bigger fish. Make sure the net you are buying is of the highest quality when you are selecting a wood design.
The handle size is one of the first considerations you need to make when shopping for a net. If you want a compact, easy to maneuver design that is portable, look for fishing nets with shorter handles. When wading, these types are the recommended choice.
On the other hand, when you are trying to catch some fish from a boat, nets with longer handles are what you need. This is because you will need to reach further down the waterlines. Some nets have to telescope or sliding handles. These types are an excellent choice since you can lengthen or shorten the handle depending on what you need.
How portable is the net you plan to buy? These days, fishing nets come with great features that add to their portability. In fact, when purchasing nets for fly fishing, you want something that can be released easily. In fact, there are some nets that even use a magnetic clip to attach to your vest. Other options for attachment include Velcro and spring loaded cables. Select the type you feel most comfortable using.
Best Fishing Nets: Quick Comparison
- Continue to read the full review of products
#1 EGO S2 Slider Large Landing Net
The EGO S2 Slider Large Landing Net is a revolution as it offers technology for handle extensions that is quite advanced. This revolutionary net is quite popular in the angling marketplace and for a good reason.
- The Simple push or pull handle grip gives you total control
- Large net makes catching fish a breeze.
- The Compact storage and innovative modular platforms allow you to detach the handle.
- It is not as cheap as other, simply nets but you do get what you pay for the handle foam has a tendency to tear.
#2 Shelure Foldable Aluminum Fish Land Net Fish NetCast Carp
Experienced fishing folk will know straight away how strong this net is just by the way it looks. You will love the easy storage and be carrying, plus the fact that you can adjust the length of the handle.
- Lightweight with a Strong aluminum alloy pole
- Sturdy and heavy duty handle and durable hoop
- Intensive tangle-free micro nylon mesh net-Retractable hand
- Easy storage and easy to carry.
- And also it has lifetime guarantee.
- The handle is made up of aluminum and can bend with too much weight applied.
#3 KUFA Telescope Landing Net
This is a light duty landing net that does exactly what it is supposed to. It takes up minimal space when stored and at the same time is great for bass, pike, and walleye. Kufa Telescopinc net is perfect for the weekend fisherman in the Midwest.
This net is also excellent for when you go frogging and catch them live. There is enough bag room for frogs to remain within. It is perfect for frogging at night since you can extend the length to a total of six feet.
- Aluminum handle makes this net lightweight, portable and easy to use even for first-time fishermen. It is foldable for easy storage.
- It does not work with larger fish for the game like big musky.
#4 Frabill Folding Net with Telescope Handle
The folding net by Frabill makes it easy to haul in trout even when there is a space limitation. This net can be extendable at your convenience. Kayak and canoe serious fishers will love the net. The design is compact, and the push button net is activated or collapsible depending on your preference. This net is seriously built for serious fishing treks.
- Durable aluminum construction, Micro mesh tangle free.
- The net is two feet deep for release and catching game fish.
- The entire net is fully collapsible, folds down for ease in storing and in tight spaces.
- The telescoping quick latch handles the extendable up to forty inches.
- The mesh net sometimes gets snagged when the fish hook is released by the fish.
#5 Fiblink Folding Aluminum Fishing Landing Net Fish
- It is extendable up to 118 inches.
- Telescope handle has three sections for ease of storage and the hoop folds
- Anodized aluminum alloy hoop and the handle is corrosion-resistant, durable, strong
- Intensive tangle free mesh nylon net, sturdy heavy duty construction.
- Fish above the recommended Weight may be too heavy for this net.
When it comes to the best fishing nets the clear winner of this high-quality landing net by Fiblink is all that you need for a good day of fishing. The aluminum built is strong and offers firm grip over the shaft with corrosion resistance. The size is portable and is easy for the fisherman to carry around.
The biggest advantage which the Fiblink's landing net offers to its customers is the extensive length of 118" which allows catching the fish from a distance. The net is made from non-absorbing material due to which it does not get heavy when it is wet. The only criticism received so far is against the poor built quality which breaks easily.