Take a look into the Best Fishing Jackets that will make your fishing trip memorable whether you are a regular angler or a fishing fanatic looking forward to having some great sea fun, you need the best fishing jacket to reduce inconveniences. Apart from keeping you warm in cold water, a fishing jacket allows you to carry a variety of the fishing tools for easy access. The question is, which fishing jacket is best for you? Here are some few tips.
Best Fishing Jackets : Tips for Choosing them
#1 Waterproof material
Every dealer will claim that his or her jacket brands have the best waterproof materials that will keep you dry and comfortable. The truth is, you can’t trust any word until you try them out yourself. Find out if the jacket will allow you to breathe naturally and how long the material will last in harsh weather.
#2 Removable inner lining
It is important to find a fishing jacket that will protect you from everything you are going to be exposed to while fishing. When you go looking for the best fishing jacket, you will come across the ones that have an inner lining that is removable and those that doesn’t. In most cases, these may come in handy, especially when you can’t predict the weather.
Ensure that the jacket you choose doesn’t have seams that are single-sewn or threads that are loose. The best fishing jacket should have double stitching around cuffs, zippers as well as pockets. Also ensure that both the snaps and zippers are large enough, workable and corrosion-proof. Lastly, it should have a drawstring that is sewn into its bottom to keep all your possessions dry.
#3 Folding Hood
A hood is a vital factor when choosing the best jacket but often overlooked by many anglers. Ensure that the coat you choose has a foldable hood that is large enough to accommodate a hat and most importantly, comfortable. Foldable hoods come in handy on windy days simply because they provide you with extra protection throughout your fishing. If you don’t find a jacket with a hood that folds into the coat’s collar, you can go for the ones that snap shut’s into your neck area.
With that in Mind, Here are the Top 5 Best Fishing Jackets You can Choose From
#1 Frogg Toggs Cascades Sportsman’s Jacket
If you hate restrictions, then you will without a doubt like Frogg Toggs Cascades. It has up to 25 pockets both inside and out offering maximum storage space for fishing gears and other accessories. It features a ToadSkinz waterproof material with an astounding sportsman design. The material used to make this material is a %100 percent windproof and offers free movement for maximum comfort.
Other likable features include heavy duty zippers having a storm flap, a foldable hood that you can adjust to fit and the best part, wrist cuffs that are elastic. If you are looking for the best fishing jacket that will offer you a comfortable fishing experience, then you have to try this one. However, according to several users, its waterproof material isn’t effective enough.
- High-end waterproof material for comfortable fishing
- Up to 25 pockets allowing you to store everything from fishing gears to food.
- Well organized and I can keep my ready gear on the top rack where I can get to it fast.
- Heavy duty construction. It has zippers that have a storm flap.
- Hoods that fold easily and are fully adjustable for maximum protection.
- Offers adequate breathing space, waterproof and lastly, windproof.
- It is partially waterproof. Not suited for rainy weather.
#2 Frogg Toggs Classic Pro Action Men’s Jacket
Frogg Toggs Classic Pro Action is one of the most stylish best fishing jackets on this list. With a price range that is slightly lower than Frogg Toggs Cascades Sportsman’s jacket, it is crafted using a durable material that will survive through years of rough fishing. It is lightweight, comfortable and won’t restrict your movements allowing you to fish comfortably.
I also find its breathable design quite awesome for a wading jacket. Its design allows the cool air to pass through while at the same time preventing the moisture and sweat from being trapped. It is a 100 percent Polypropylene and the best part, lightweight.
- Made of long lasting material
- It is lightweight for maximum comfort
- Allows free arm movements when fishing
- Not the best choice for a rainy weather condition.
#3 Stormr Strykr Fishing Jacket
If you are looking for a comfortable wear that will serve you for some time, then you will like Stormr Strykr. Stormr Strykr Jacket makes the best choice for experienced anglers, offshore fishers, and Mariners. Unlike the two Frogg Toggs Jackets mentioned above, it is corrosion resistant and more durable making it a perfect choice for rainy weather condition.
It features a water repellent finish that will serve you well in the rain. Lastly, the material stretches adequately allowing free movements when fishing.
- Stretches easily to maximize arm movements.
- large net makes catching fish a breeze
- Made of Duratex material that is resistant to abrasion.
- Quite expensive
4. Want-do women’s sports Hooded Soft Shell Jacket
Want-do Jacket offers you an all-around protection in both windy and rainy weather conditions. It features a mesh lining for maximum comfort, a high-end windproof material that will serve you well in harsh weather conditions and the best part, several small and large pockets offering you adequate storage space.
The hood is detachable and features a draw cord and a high-end zipper. Other admirable features include media port for your earphone, adjustable cuffs and an additional underarm zipper for adequate ventilation.
- Suited for a variety of activities that includes fishing, cycling, camping, hiking and more.
- Features a mesh lining offering you adequate breathing room.
- It comes with an underarm zipper that offers better ventilation while fishing.
- Quite cheap compared to the Frogg Toggs and Stormr Strykr Jacket.
- Its waistline is small. Not the best choice for men or women with wider waistlines.
5. Helly Hansen Workwear Men's Impertech Deluxe Jacket
If you want the best fishing jacket that is quite affordable, then Helly Hansen Work Wear might serve you well. It comes with double entry front pockets, MicroWed seam construction, a back cape for adequate ventilation and double entry pockets at its front.
It also comes with a hood that fully tucks into its collar, a sleeve cuff that can be adjusted using loops or hooks, and lastly, two pockets that are waterproof allowing you to store delicate gadgets such smartphone and more.
- Made of polyester and polyurethane suited for rainy and windy weather conditions
- Features a high-end Hansen Micro Weld seam sealing for maximum durability.
- Can stretch twice its original size offering you a fully customizable fit.
- One user mentioned that they are much larger than they are labeled.
Final Say on the Best Fishing Jackets
Every jacket mentioned here is perfect for fishing, but not all will work well when it is raining. If I were looking for an average fishing jacket that is quite affordable, I would go for Frogg Toggs Cascade, classic pro or Helly Hansen Work Wear. However, I wouldn’t go for these if I was targeting rainy seasons.
Want-do women's might perform best during a rainy season but won’t withstand rainy season, plus it is intended for those with smaller waistlines. That brings us to, Stormr Strykr Jacket. It might be expensive here, but it is one jacket that won’t disappoint despite the harshness of the weather. Therefore, it is the best fishing jacket on this list.
Hope you enjoyed reading this post, feel free to share this post to your friends to help them finding the best fly fishing jackets.